About Inglemoor IB Boosters
The International Baccalaureate Boosters Club - IB Boosters - is a non-profit charitable organization, run by a volunteer board of parents. Its purpose is to sustain the high quality of Inglemoor High School’s IB Program by providing both volunteer and financial resources. IB Boosters' primary focus is on CAS (Community, Action, Service) support for students, volunteer support for the IB staff, and financial support for program enrichment.
To accomplish these things, IB Boosters relies on membership fees, contributions and volunteers. All parents with students taking IB and Pre-IB classes at Inglemoor are encouraged to join and participate in the IB Boosters Club. Parent participation, whether on an occasional or ongoing basis, contributes significantly to student success in the IB program.
During the school year, the IB Boosters hosts general meetings on specific topics of interest to IB parents, and our monthly IB board meetings are open to all parents who wish to come.
The Inglemoor IB Boosters Club seeks to support and enrich the Inglemoor IB program in several ways:
Through financial contributions, the IB Boosters Club awards grants to IB teachers for classroom support materials, resources and supplies. These have included:
- Supplemental textbooks, workbooks and exam prep materials for IB World Language classes.
- Supplies for class projects, including lumber for Design Tech and Group 4 Project supplies for IB science classes.
- Subscription to an online question bank for IB Math.
- Transportation for students to the UW Library to conduct research for IB History.
- Travel and lodging for IB teacher training workshops.
- Paying for substitute teachers to allow IB teachers to accompany students on IB curriculum-related field trips.
- Funding expenses for IB Recognition Night in May, including speakers, decorations, food and engraved plaques.
Teacher grants are funded primarily by membership dues. The most important step you can take to support the
Inglemoor IB Boosters is to become a member! Visit our Membership page to join today.
CAS Advisors offer critical support and feedback to IB Diploma candidates, who must complete CAS (Community, Action, Service) hours, as well as a CAS project, as part of the IB diploma process. To find out more about CAS or about becoming a CAS Advisor, visit Inglemoor IB's CAS Info for Parents page.
Providing volunteer support is an important part of the IB Boosters mission. There are many ways to volunteer throughout the year, including CAS Advising, proctoring exams, serving on the board and helping at the Senior Recognition Ceremony. For more information about volunteer opportunities, visit our Volunteer page.
Students commute to the Inglemoor IB program from all over the district, and beyond. The IB Boosters help connect commuting families who live near each other for the purpose of carpooling to and from school. For more information or to join, visit our Rideshare page.